Hey, it's Spring and time for Spring Cleaning! Anybody excited?
I didn't think so. But it's got to be done. Spring cleaning in the sewing room is just like in any other room of your home with some additional things to do.
Start with the basic room cleaning stuff, walls, windows, floors, and ceilings. You can find this list in Cleaning for the Dream Guide and Worksheets PDF at jodelights.com.
Then there are special items in the sewing room. I suggest you keep a shopping list (also found in the Cleaning for the Dream) for any items that you want to replace. Here is a checklist to get you started. This page is now included with the PDF guide.
- Use room by room list for floors, walls, and ceilings. etc
- clean machines
- sort and discard bent or rusted pins and needles
- clean iron
- clean or replace ironing board cover
- sharpen or replace cutting blades and scissors
- clean cutting table and mats
- clean design board
- clean quilt frames
- dust bookshelves, sort and discard magazines or books you won't use
- clean TV and remotes
- clean your computer, purge unwanted files and Pinterest pin
- clean supply bins
- sort and reorganize fabrics and batting
- clean coffee pot and snack area