Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The Purge is Done!


I'm so excited to announce that step one of reclaiming my space is done.  All fabrics have been gone thru twice.  The first  time was an easy sort.  The second was a little bit harder.  I didn't want to give up ANY piece of fabric, but I decided I couldn't keep it all.  So I asked myself these questions…

  • Do I like it?
  • Do I love it?
  • Will I use it in the next 2 years?
  • Is it big enough for a project?
  • Why am I keeping it?
  • Can someone else use it?




I ended up purging about 1/3 of my fashion fabrics, which was easier than my quilting cottons.  I only purged about 1/8 of my those fabrics.  As I organize what is left, I'll probably be able to let go of some more.  My goal is to know what I have and make room for more of what I will actually use.
I'll be sending some of the fabrics to a group that make quilts for charity and the rest will go to the Idea Store.
Now onto step two, getting it all organized!  I've been scouring Pinterest for ideas and will report back to you what works and doesn't work.
 Until then, 




The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above
Is a under a quilt, handmade with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment